Sunday, August 31, 2008

going solo the rachel way

1. so. i am back from 5 days of backpacking by myself (kind of).

2. when i came back, i found that erica left me a note on doingthekiwi.

erica // August 29, 2008 at 2:39 am

Hello rachel i am leaving (to find) you, even if you (have already) left.

See you on the other side (:

I really liked her paranthesis(es) and word play, and most of all the promise we make to still see, to still be.

3. I think 5 days can be condensed to two phrases: An enjoyment, and chaffing against, isolation, and drama the second half of the way.

4. Maybe I'll try pictures, to help me. In the meantime-

stars, and shooting stars, and moon sets and sun rises.
playing with ducks, shading your eyes while i gaze out to the huge expense of deep blue Lake Taupo water rippling skies in different shades of blue.
mountain climbing, and so much walking, ABBA in my head all the way.
thoughts while in lonesomeness, and ability to think crashing down around me from wednesday onwards.
cooking breakfasts for me,
me making salad for the three of us.
a home by the beach.
catching a fish flapping on the incoming tide- my first kill!
driving with the impeteousness of youth: in under 24 hours: taupo-napier-taupo-napier and-
i am glad you made to back up taupo, and onto auckland, safe.
a losing of aunty susan's winter shirt [i don't know how to tell her! ): ]
a pine cone i left in the backseat, along with maple syrup and fruit bread secretly for you.
a final hug, a final kiss on my forehead.
up i go on the bus, and watch you drive away in our silver camry.
and
and memories i don't know what to do with.

No comments: