Thursday, August 10, 2006

hall life

A question I've been getting over these past two weeks, and it's structure, amazingly enough, appears to be invariable. Maybe the government has finally succeeded and we're showing the fruits of its labour. We all think the same now, from apostrophes to question marks. It was national day yesterday, wasn't it? Send my boo`kay of dead roses to them; congratulations on creating a generation of clones. A remarkable feat. Or maybe, it's just that manipulation of mass media will, Will, have such a consequence. A simple case of cause and effect. Control what society sees and have a common boundary to their horizons. Add in a minimum of 10 years of [again] a controlled education, one where testing the boudaries is taboo and punished. Eventually, a mini 1984 will occur. Not so extreme; I think Orwell was too pessimistic but the concept's definitely there. Alright florist, I retract my bouquet. Give them the loveliest wrappings, and place inside that pretty paper all the stalks of roses you can find, in various states of decay and death. Cut off all the roses' heads; leave only the soggy and rotten petals if you must. This one, you present to our revered leaders on a silver platter covered by the singapore flag.

hmm. and I'd planned to write a post on hall life. Apologies for such a massive digression.

So... eusoff. How's hall? [The Invaried Question]

Ask me the same question everyday and I'd have a different answer. Thankfully though, they can all be grouped under one catergory and that's the one headlined 'Crazy'. The past two weeks...



Three days have passed since I started typing this post. Now I have time again to click on the icon that says "draft" in green [I think], and resume.

But I'm in no mood to carry out a sane conversation.


Went to mos for eusoff's bash last night, and only kim, ashok, you and I had id. I met you first before the rest did because they'd gone on first. Would that have changed things? If you had seen all of us together, at the same time? I don't know. Maybe. In any case, we had a fun time after we [honestly] lost the group.
Why are you so like him?
What shall I say? Of the time so many years ago. Of.. was it three months? Yeah. Of three months of ..
sigh. I think I vowed before, not to do the whole emo thing on my [public] blog. After all, in the months to come, this will only serve as an embarrassing reminder of a weak moment.

You're just here for two weeks. Just two weeks. I can do this. I've survived him, his devastating charm and sweet talk. I hate my taste. I do this to myself, I do.

Just two weeks. I simply have to stay sober.



Guess this post wasn't much about hall life after all.. haha. sorry.

No comments: