Friday, March 31, 2006

I'd planned a lazy-ish day today. After school, troop down to bt gombak to take my final theory test [which I passed :)], so go home, snooze, potter about and get started on the final uni essay thing. A lazy-ish day was in order and it felt good.

Except it didn't quite turn out that day.

Someone I hadn't seen in half a year msged me and how could I say no? So the greying cloudy soft sky after the test saw me smacking on chocolate cake with gwen [as a celebration of sorts; any excuse to eat nice food with friends :)] on the way to jurong. He'd wanted to go to imm you see.

But it was fun. Fun wandering into every conceviable [did I spell it right?] shop, from hardware stores to giant where we took out a demin jacket and I tried it on. There wasn't a mirror but we laughed anyway. Him sharing his long john silver meal with me while reading from their poster- what's ljs? now That was smirk worthy. mission of the day? To get vcds and Safety Pins. uh-huh. no kidding.

I found out he likes brainless movies [more smirks were produced] and that popular [the bookstore] stocks safety pins alongside ang paos. Not sure what the rationale was but I'd have liked to find out.

It started raining on the way back; he had an umbrella and we squished into it. I took my bag back and tried not to get it wet. We tramped around for ages before locating the taxi stand. I zapped him and a passerby, an old man with dyed golden hair in a low ponytail zapped me after that. I guess static electricity doesn't discrimate.

Little details, like how we tried to find out if the other was ticklish [for the record, I'm not] and playing with the paper clip stand at a shop.- Made the 31st of March 2006 a day where two friends meandeared their way through grass and concrete and pebbles, and spent time with each other. A typical day in Rachel's Life After The As.

I love life. (:

2 comments:

harpist said...

"two friends meandeared their way through grass and concrete and pebbles"

MEANDERS! Want to me to tell you about the theories behind how they form: guess what, NO ONE KNOWS for sure, haha. So we're idiots, yay! One theory is the pools and riffles one, the other is helicodial flow. Or we can be kiasu and say they are both interelated.

OH MAN I CAN'T GO FOR YF THIS SATURDAY! (haha, since when was i this enthusiastic, fact is i need to plan SS lesson with gayle and i can't!) Have to go to NUS for geog challenge in the morning then MOE for psychometric test with MATH INCLUDED! dies. But yes, so happy yf-ing, i heard it's some culinary thing, cook away!

rpd said...

erica you sound scarily high.

when i first saw the "meanders" in caps, for a moment i thought i had spelt it wrongly and you were going to broadcast it over the world. heh.

ohwells i might as well use this opportunity to tell the other girls that YES i know i haven't been blogging- but i've just been crazily busy and in any case this post isn't like black and angtsy so count little blessings. haha.