Friday, January 14, 2005

A bowl of oatmeal

This entry has nothing to do with oatmeal. Though I must say it's nice and healthy. (:

How wonderful. I saw a spider building its web today.. it was kind enough to offer me a front row seat. Venue: The table outside the former art room. Building blocks: My bag, books and bottle. grin.
It was fascinating, watching it run busily back and forth the single strand it'd created doing things I was ignorant of. Have you ever seen a spider build it's web? I had a VIP view, yet... I never saw it build its web. Fault my [comparatively] clumsy, awkward eyes if you must. My two eyes are probably ten times bigger than the spider's eight orbs added up and I can't see ten times as well. Nor perceive even half of what I ought to.

I feel so blind sometimes.

School has started, still no word from me about how it is. What can I say? Read my blog. I seem to have a nack of offending people. Whatever I say, whatever I do.
Okay I'm exaggerating.

I'm not quite good with my new class yet. Strange for me... I mean. think of me and what words come to mind? I guess maybe, extroverted would be one of them. I think I'm changing inside though. Not sure how. Just that.. I think more these days. much ado about nothing? I don't know. Rachel doesn't seem to be so good with people anymore. I think she's closing up.

What a depressing paragraph. I shan't be another one of those pesduo-melancholic angst filled teenagers because there's more to life than moaning about self.

I saw eric's '12 storys' today during lit lecture. The internationally acclaimed award winning film shown in France, Germany etcetcetc. Was it good? It was... not exactly depressing [though amanda was moaning on and on during training after that] because I felt that the film was very biased against singapore and that made it unrealistic which pissed me off. I mean, if the film was really that great, shouldn't it have painted a [more] balanced picture? Biasness is inevitable, esp if one wants to make a socio-political film, but a broader view will do no harm, will it not? Anyhow, I'll be discussing it next week so I expect to be more enlightened then. haha.

A bowl of oatmeal.
I've been thinking a lot about him these days... more than I did last year.
Literature is so challenging.
Daddy says I have to go.. so I shall.

2 comments:

harpist said...

sigh. don't you wish school never existed? yes...lit is so daunting. (: agrees wholeheartedly!

Jack said...

i really liked that show, though. hmm... i dont exactly think that he was being biased, just that perhaps he wanted to portray that particular dark side of the picture? but then again, that's just what i think. (= i shall too be enlightened during tutorial i guess. haha