Wednesday, January 16, 2008

ulty

After more than three years, back on the pickup fields, and over a conversation, I figure out why.

I never really sought the answer as to why I don't join the leagues, tournies, or hats. I haven't even gone down regularly for pickup since 2005 ended. Mostly it was a feeling thing. During pickup I'd feel uncomfortable, and sometimes after too. And since I am mostly a simple person when it comes to these things- avoid if it makes you not feel happy- I rarely do frisbee unless pressed, even though I actually like the sport. And if people ask, just wrinkle up the nose. Look perplexed. Usually works.

But I suppose three years and three months is long enough, and thus came the inevitable. Such a simple answer, really.

I get frustrated on the fields because I don't play as well as I think I should. I bring all my netball movements on the pitch, which isn't the way to go. Different styles, but I haven't yet caught on. Not smooth not smooth and I kick myself. Why do I take so long to learn.

The same goes for my tossing. I throw like a rookie. And look so ungainly compared to the long graceful arches and swings of the others. So I kick myself some more. And really, kicking isn't very fun. So I don't really go. Simple.



I just had to put this down. Realising a three year snag is quite a significant thing, you know.

No comments: