Thursday, September 27, 2007

Thanks for calling even though I said no, because you put things in perspective for me in a way only you could, and thanks for devoting so much time to me you ran out of credit. Thanks for being here, even though you're uh. geographically not. haha.

____

On another note, I was quite proud of myself because I spent my first two days of mid sem quite constructively, but then I slid for the past two days.
I had more or less decided that I won't bother about grades, because being stressed is such an unhappy thing but now everyone's working so hard and getting so much done I look around and wonder if I should join the crowd too. Positive or not, I don't know, but it's definitely peer pressure.

Surely the world out there isn't defined by grades? When I'm done with uni, I want to be able to say that I had a memorable time. This was the decision I made when I entered, and as of now I'm still standing by it.
I've been calclulating, and it seems that even if I get a cap of 4 for the next 4 sems straight my cap will still be 3.8+++ max. Which isn't very different from the 3.6 I'm now at so. why slog off so hard, to the extent that I'm negatively affected, when it doesn't make a significant differnce? Again, I didn't mug much the past 2 sems and I'm at 3.6. Even if I mug enough to get a 4.0 cap [which I feel doubtful about anyway] it remains at 3.8ish.
So if I graduated with a cap of 3.6 I'll earn 3.6k a month and if it's a cap of 3.8ish I'll be paid 3.8ish?

Tell me how it works.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

7+3 days is a short time (if we want it to be). look forward to the secret getaway! =)

rpd said...

haha. hullo! it's now 6 + 3 days. which is really quite near! and yes i will look forward to it and we will totally have FUN :)

harpist said...

If CAPs determined our pay i think alot more people would be muggers.

Thankfully they don't and we can be happy in the fact that it is possible to earn more than deans listers.

(:

harpist said...

OH they let me thru without a word verification! But here is this one:

mtqsdzz - mc kissedzz, kiss of the day meal anyone?

rpd said...

haha erica. you're the one on the dean's list and moe scholar to boot. you are a square pumpkin, you know. i'm not talking to you. :)

and because they don't give me word verification anymore [sad], i've been squashing my fingers against the keyboard to make my own. haha.

ssrluh- sarah lah