Saturday, July 07, 2007

So today I put on my pretty brown dress, the one with little waves and shoshes like sara lee's marble cake and tied the knots on both sides of my body and scanned myself at the mirror. I'd like to say smiled at my reflection, but we were going to be late for the wedding and daddy doesn't like being late. So I couldn't smile. pity. I love dressing up. Love scrutinising every inch that I own and making those mircoscopic adjustments that make a world of a difference. From top to toe and just looking looking looking. I get laughed at for this all the time but it just makes me so happy to know that me and my dress are all daisy. Do you remember? That happy is brown, and the feeling comes in nice light bright hmm-hmm yellow. (:

and oh, I've found another cologne to swoon over. Versace men, whose bottle is a rectangular light blue that reuben decided was a mix of sapphire + glass. Hilarious. Hugo, you've found your match. (:

Speaking of hilarious, does anyone know the geographical proportions of singapore? gayle and louis were telling us about their cambodia trip over dinner at the market, and how there's going to be a singapore night of sorts. So mayb and I starting quizzing them on singapore trivia.

so what does the red in our flag stand for?
blood? I think.
and the white?
purity?

hilarious.

The best bit came when I wanted to know the length and breadth of singapore.
Mayboo [gestures at the length of singapore with her hands]: 26km!

Maybelline Tan thinks that the length of singapore is 26km.
She can't be right, right.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

just for everyone's general knowledge, Singapore measures a maximum 26 miles (42 kilometers) from East to West and 14 miles (23 kilometers) from North to South. And Red symbolises universal brotherhood and equality of man. White signifies pervading and everlasting purity and virtue. haha =p

Anonymous said...

haha. sean left a comment! the first time in my three years. awesome. (:

haha mayb. it's 26 MILES. big big difference, literally. haha.

Anonymous said...

i remember. :) but thanks for bringing back the memory.