Sunday, July 08, 2007

pringles

Once you pop, you can't stop.

That applies to writing too, I think. For which I'm glad.

It finally started raining over here amongst the dark night trees where I am nestled cradled in the yellow room so distantly familiar. This room I'm crashing in constantly reminds me it isn't mine; the weather seems to seek to repel me propel me poof out of the room like the mini explosion we do when we realise the muffin we've been eating actually has greengrey mould inside. hah. Maybe poof is too genteel a word, but I like the round sound of it. poof sounds like a balloon umbrella skirt opening up, like one of the fairy godmothers in Sleeping Beauty. poof poof poof. Okay the room wants me out of the room boom like so. Boom. boom boom boom.

On another note, I've decided that I'd like to spend some time with a long-lost friend. I'm sorry, it's my fault this time so I guess.. I'm glad you stayed even though I so obviously walked the other way. I know you're away right now and that even when you come back during your short short trips you'd want to spend it with your family cause that's who you are and I'm proud of you for that. But if we ever could I'd like to be with you at the airport and I know that we'd make it a whole new experience for ourselves. We'd sit and watch the people walk by. We'd laugh at most of them making up nonsense stories and adding on to others. Everything will be at our mercy, our whim and fancy and our imaginations because we've got humour in our veins. Maybe sometimes we'd be silent because the years have gone by and we're [somewhat] older now. But I don't much remember being silent with you because we always seem to be making discovery after discovery wherever we are. Except, maybe, that night when we talked about seven years, and then for an awful moment it looked like it really was coming true and that I couldn't bring myself to break out for it and all you could do was wait because anything else would have made it worse. Did this one last as long as our first one did? 7 months?
ah, this is the first time I'm talking about it since it happened anyway. Looking forward to our in-the-works mad idea :) goodnight everybody.

No comments: