Sunday, April 22, 2007

i am living history. hah!


And because I figure in a few years my favourite buses- non-airconditioned double deckers- will be a thing of The Past, I decided to take photos of me and Mr. Bus. A funny [at least it's funny now] side effect is that this is an undeniable sign that I am growing old. Give or take a few more decades, and I guarantee you that when we are middle aged couples with our significant others, we will be all oh-my-goshing about how we used to sit on buses with windows wide open and feel the wind in our faces, and how, when it'd rain, everyone'd shut it tight and the bus'd become unbearably stuffy.



See, when yr alone in some ulu bus stop, you'd better look as fierce as you can. Afterward some bad guy bully you then you know. I look so auntie, confirm no one take second look one.

This is me looking all cool. You see, when you show your wide-eyed children/grandchildren/greatgrandchildren proof that you were around when there were such things as non-airconditioned buses and yes, you are that old, you'd also want to show that you once were cool. Remember that, my friends.

Told you the wind blows in the face. I think also, that my memories will always be recollected with bt. timah surroundings as the setting. [was that sentence grammatically correct?] I suppose that has something to do with the buses 74 and 151. I love 74. :)

4 comments:

harpist said...

I feel so ashamed to admit that i would wait for the next airconditioned bus even if it means getting home later for i hate it when you're stuck in a jam with a non airconditioned one and feel all sticky and squashed in peak hour traffic.

My experiences of bukit timah at 5pm everyday for the first half of last year for you.

And the word i have to type for word verification is "pnoud". Pnoud, proud. Hmm. A sign. Needs to study, soon.

rpd said...

hahaa. yeah i ought to have qualified that one needs coolish weather [not humid, anyhow], with places to sit beside one's favavourite window. my bus was completely empty! i think.

i want a non-airconditioned vehicle for my wedding!

hahahahah erica i DO THE SAME THING TOO! like, construct words from the word verication thing! all the time! how cool is that!!! you do it too!! :D

mine's tjhkfwe. think with me. think whee :D

"Charis" said...

This reminds me about our Bus History together. And your separate 'powerfully suay' experience with a female bus conductor during that era when you were like ... what 14? 15? --- you didn't bring along your Student Bus ID/Pass, thus she didn't believe you were a student, and that you therefore cheated on the bus fare by riding adult rate at student fare, and forced you off the bus, and brought you to a police station/post -- which wasn't open cuz it was a weekend/holiday! And then she disappeared to some toilet or somewhere, and never came back (or you gave her the slips, I can't quite remember). Like, if you had a blog then, it would have been one heck of an entry to describe. Haha.

rpd said...

hahahaha.

yeah... maybe i will. :) pity we have no photos!