Friday, April 20, 2007

Hrmm hrmm. If the [non-existent] herald trumpets for an update, then an update must
be given. Hopefully my updates wo
n't bore my all-of-six readers. That's all I think I
have now
anyway, ever since I plucked my words from chelism.b and settled down here.
I kind of miss my old place. Anyway anyway.

I've been thai-ing/thaying all day, and at present my mind is filled with
wua
[cattle] and
raan tat pom.s [barber shops]. Like I told robert once, I might not be
able to carry a decent c
nversation in thai, but at the very least I'll be able to
order chicken and
cut my hair. haha.
In any case, I went to look at pictures of Home today. I've been trying to convince
myself that I can spend a year away from Home and that I'll be fine being a camp
instructor/trainer in the jungles of singapore again, during the months of the hols
but my heart isn't exactly willing to be persuaded. It wants to go Home.
I contemplate all sorts of things, like writing a letter to dara in thai and I
imagine she'll be so proud of me and maybe robert'll even read my letter out to the
dekdek [children] but really, I shouldn't be doing these things because then I'll
just start crying, like the wuss-girl I am. Somehow, when it comes to den luang
village, I become ridiculously emotional.

I'd like to go Home. sigh okay maybe I shouldn't have started. I seem to get very
one-track when this happens. Let's try random prattle about what the plans are for
the hols. So none of you can complain you don't know where I am. hah.

Two weeks after my final paper, I leave for the phillipines. I will be gone for a
month and a bit. 34 days, to be exact. I expect that month-and-a-bit to pass in a
blur like much of my life does. You know, I'd like to have a record of my life,
because so much that's worth remembering happens. I mean, they aren't all happy,
but they're significant and at the very least I think I can say I lead an eventful
life. :) so yes, for 34 days I'll be travesing around the captial of the
phillipines. They tell me it's bigger than Singapore. whoohoo. heh. I sound like
some... hmm let's not offend any overlysensitive marginalised groups. haha.

Well anyway, if I do come back alive [and I hope I do! Chocolate's too good to miss
for now], that'll be on the 19th of June. School [like, primary to jc] wouldn't
have started yet, so I think within a week -or less, if I can make it- I'll be
donning a certain company's collared-shirt and trekking through mud and grass. Yes,
you disbelieving snort, rachel isn't actually a bimbo you know. I'm not too bad at
the outdoors. -dry laugh.
I really don't get why people keep plastering the label bimbo on me. No, I'm not
offended. I think it's dumb to be offended by labels of that nature; but that's
just untactful me speaking my mind. Like, I think I make sense all the time. Last
night walking back to our room after supper at fong seng I sent becky into
hysterics became I remarked
eww look at that laundry outside his door. doesn't he
know it's
unhygenic? but in all honestly isn't leaving one's laundry outside one's
door unhygenic? I mean, no one knows what might go in. And, I really don't get
why people like stairs so much. I avoid stairs as much as possible. For one,
they're bad for the knees, and I've got bum knees from netball. They actually hurt
after each handball match, or the [rare] occasions that I run. Secondly, I might
have said it before, that we used to train at ITE clementi and the field wasn't
really a field, it included a hill so when we ran we had to run up 4x4 flight of
stairs. You try sprinting up 4x4 x 15 [to 20] stairs with ankle weights/[+]
medicine balls weighing either 5, 8, or 10 kg week after week.

Don't I always make sense? Honestly?

well okay it's eight twenty now and I suppose I should get back to thai. so hmm
hmm if I do get a school that wants me, then when school reopens I'll be teaching
again. I think I make a pretty good teacher. :) Why doesn't everyone else see that? sigh.

Alright, update over. Hopefully I've been informative enough.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

you can come back and help us raggers...lol...

anyways u have fun yah for the hols, after exams might not be able to see you much.

and you are a goof, i mean good teacher. i can still rmmb the SNAKE.

hehe c u, MISS SOLAR...HAHAHAHAHA. like it gives some kind of a universal feeling, planets and stars of some sort...

harpist said...

Think why people never know, or never believe that we are capable of teaching is because they have never seen us teaching. And they view us with the lenses of yesterday and not of today or tomorrow.

If i know of any vacancies i'll let you know. Promise. I have 3 schools to tap on (:

rpd said...

erica: will hold you to that (:

wayne: WHAT MISS SOLAR?! DON'T HAVE! i am in denial.

rpd said...

oh hrmm. i wanted to add on. i think it's not so deep. methinks they simply see you as a watcher, and me a talker.

what think you?

"Charis" said...

Damn, that font was hard to read. I had to put my nose up to the screen. :-)

Anonymous said...

are you serious? it's quite big on mine. hahaha the idea of you putting your nose to the screen is quite funny though. okay i'll try to change it.

Anonymous said...

-after 20 minutes-

bah i give up. nose away.

Anonymous said...

haha.. it really is tiny. haha. but you click 'show original post' up there and it'll be nice and normal.

anyway. i think it's true that people may not realise it cos they haven't seen you teaching..

but i really think you can teach because of how you like to explain things to me. and the way you do it. you have this.. need? to lay things out in a clear, comprehensible way. hehe. it's In you.

plus, you're funny. hehe. you'll be great. :)

and i don't think you're a bimbo. but i've called you that before i think.
maybe i just say that cos.. it's something ppl say. hmm. i'll stop. cos you no bimbo.

and yes one of these days i'm sure you'll tell me about miss solar. in a clear and comprehensible manner. haha :P

Anonymous said...

she can really find ways to explain, that i agree.

teacher she is...

what defines bimbo actually? heard of it, but dont really know what it means. if rach is a bimbo means it's sth good?

Anonymous said...

AWESOME! i shall write more like this in future so my wonderful friends can assure me that i'm not as dumb as i think. yeahhhhhhh.

wayne! you scored brownie points for that one!

hannah, don't self-censure man. i can take it! -thumps chest.

and i GROAN technology

Anonymous said...

ai. which part of 'you no bimbo' does she not understand. haha.

i'm not keeping the truth from you, my chest-thumping girlfriend.. just actually thinking before i open my mouth. ha.

anyway, bimbo's a derogatory term so i don't think i'll use it on anyone at all.

harpist said...

watcher and a talker. think you're right. I had a very strange dream about teaching a day ago.

rpd said...

how is it derogatory? honest question.


erica: it is huh? like, how we appear to be such perfect fits of these stereotypes. and tell me tell me! i want to know all about it.

Anonymous said...

hmm well. Oxford English Dictionary says:

a. A fellow, chap; usu. contemptuous.

b. A woman; esp. a whore.

* derogatory. A young woman considered to be sexually attractive but of limited intelligence. (Now the usual sense.)

knowing you, i know you'd like to reinvent it but i'll be sticking to conventional meanings haha.

Anonymous said...

aw comeon. does that mean i can't call you bimbo anymore?? :D

Anonymous said...

oh. hey. haha. errrrr but i'm not a bimbo.

so howw.

i invite you to conjure up a suitable word. haha. :)

Anonymous said...

CUTE


HANNAH IS CUTE



HAH