Wednesday, January 10, 2007

saying grace before my meal

Dear God, thank You for food. Please Lord, I pray that I will always eat properly, even if I've been told twice today that I've grown fatter. Father I pray that I will not base my self-worth on how skinny I look, but remember godly christian sisters who enjoy life and love those around them regardless of their physical apparences. Help me to appreciate food and remember the hands that prepared it. That, even if I'm in eusoff and am surrounded in a culture that largely values the outside of people, Lord I pray that I will always desire what You desire. [I don't think that includes being skinny and slender.] Help me not be aneroxic or bullemic idon'tknowhowtospellthosewords. I do love You more than that. Help me base my identity on You.

In Jesus' Name I pray,
Amen

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i'm glad to read this post because i've been concerned abt the 'culture' and how it may have been/ is affecting you.. influencing you. i think it's a really good prayer.
and thanks for sharing dear :)