Sunday, November 20, 2005

Recap on the Second week of the As.

Okayy I really don’t have much time but I figured it was good to bang something out on the com to, capture the week I guess. I mean. If there’s a ‘Recap on the first week of the As’ then there should be a recap on the second right?
And anyway it’s my blog so I’ll write. grin.

For the record, I had econs and prac crit. And an acquired tummy after pigging out on Friday. =/. ohwell.
Econs was…
okay I really don’t know. I mean. I don’t have a good feeling about all the papers taken so far? L What else can I say? I’m really not looking forward to feb2006.

Yet I can’t help but feel that such words show a lack of faith that remonstrates against me. Because God HAS been good. Not good in the way we expect. God’s ways aren’t ours you know. So no, while I haven’t been blessed with a sudden mysterious influx of wisdom nor do I feel that I deserve this because I HAVE been studying these past two years…
I was talking with vincent the other day and he was like “if you have been honouring God He’ll honour you”. I think it works differently? I mean. there are many many godly people who don’t succeed in the secular world.
God has a blueprint laid out in our lives. If it involves bad A level results, what will I say? That I will turn away from Him? surely not. If I can’t trust God with my life who can I trust?
“Blessed be your name/When the sun’s shinning down on me/When the world’s all as it should be/Blessed be your name.
Blessed be your name/On the road marked with suffering/Though there’s pain in the offering/Blessed be your name.”
Look at Paul. A Roman by citizenship [which meant he was free born, a very big thing then], and a Pharisee- which meant that he not only knew his stuff, but knew if well enough to teach AND live it out. So highly educated.
Yet he spent the latter part of his life shuttling from prison to prison, bound by chains and kept in cramped dark cells under the ground where food and drink was let down by a rope. But look at what he achieved for God!
ay. I have been doing my work. So come feb2006, no matter what I get, I will give thanks because. It’s part of God’s plan for me, and somehow, ALL things work together for good to them that love Him.



Oh I almost forgot to mention that I lost all my Gothic notes. sigh. This morning on the bus on the way to church. Okay I have some stuff [for which I am eternally grateful –see? Count little blessings] but well. It is easy to continue berating myself for such asinine carelessness. At least I have Hannah with me (: the darling studies with me and yes she takes lit; otherwise, who will I turn to? A second blessing to count on I suppose. No need to suppose. Hannah is a blessing.

I don’t know what the future holds- I just live from day to day at the moment. I don’t borrow from the sunshine- for the skies may turn to grey. Yet. I don’t worry over the future, for I know what Jesus said. And today, I’ll walk beside Him, for He knows what is ahead.
[It’s from a song.. and it has been a great source of comfort for me.]

Well. Two papers left. Both lit. It’s getting harder mentally, not least because they’re my last papers. Thursday and Friday. Then I’ll be free. Free free free. FREE. I’m going to give myself a treat on Friday.. I’ll spend the night at Sentosa [there’s a kids camp and I’m going to visit] and on sat morning I’ll laze by the beach. :D

4 comments:

tianggggg- said...

your entry made me think. and yes, you're right. i agree. if God says "i'll give you bad results for As", so be it. cos He has a plan for us. God won't make us suffer. He doesn't want us to suffer eternally. He said "I know the plans I have for you. Plans to prosper you and not to harm you. Plans to give you hope and a future." His Word is true. so we shall just keep praying and depending on Him for His Way to be fulfilled! =) love you!! God bless. all the best for your papers!

harpist said...

DID YOU GET BACK YOUR LIT NOTES??!?!?!?!?!?!

tianggggg- said...

you've been tagged!! refer to my blog for details!!

Hannah said...

Rachel is a blessing too. A huge blessing. =) i love rachel. but you knew that already.