Tuesday, February 15, 2005

fish gills

It's been such a long time since I blogged.

Well. I was looking at the fishes I have at home the other week, and did you know what you can see a fish's gills? It's the equivalent of being able to see a human lung.
What would happen if we could see human lungs? Would we freak out? Would we define what makes a "beautiful" lung? You know, like boobs. The bigger the better. [I don't know why big boobs are more appreciated btw.] Or would we miraculously accept all lung shape and sizes as they come?

A thought just struck me. If we could see our lungs, methinks the number of smokers would drop drastically. haha.

So. What do you think of my little revelation? grin.

Why can't people accept their bodies the way they are? Why can't society accept bodies as they have been made?
It's so easy to sit on my chair now and type it all down but who am I to say anything when I've been doing it myself. The want for a skinner self... I don't know about you, but for me, it's something I've been worrying about this year.. cutting down drastically on my food intake and obessing over the size of my tummy. It's been quite bad actually. In fact, it's only in the past week that I've been able to say:

"Screw you. I don't care about the outside. I'm not going to stop myself from eating when I need to just because I want to be skinny. I'm going to eat and NOT feel guilty."

So yeah. Screw you society. I don't care about your terms and conditions anymore, I'm no longer going to listen. I'm throwing all the lies you told me right back at you. What you said about my body, what you said about my life. I don't need a tummy-less front to become me! I don't need a guy to feel good about myself either! I'm going to focus on what's important. I don't need you.

I. don't. need. your. lies.

3 comments:

Traveller said...

Your comments are refreshing...and yet so naive. If only superficiality didn't count for anything, I'm sure this world would be that much simpler. But it isn't. And we've got to deal with it because when it comes to the crunch, looks DO matter.

Regards.
Joel

Jack said...

and there's the health aspect yeah.. and well i guess we all do want to look better anyway

tianggggg- said...

we live in a superficial world where outward appearance matters. everyone strives to look like that model or that actor. don't worry, dear! i'll still love you even if you have a bulging belly or wrinkled skin. =) and God loves you too! so you don't have to change a thing cos we love you just the way you are.