Friday, January 21, 2005

Maybe in school I feel pressured to push myself further, to care about grades when I don't believe in them and generally to be. well, ambitious is the best word I've got. I guess that takes more out of me than I realise and that's the fairest explaination I can come up with as to the frequent "um rach you look really fierce when you don't smile" comment I get in school.

I'M NOT FIERCE!

haha.

There's a closet snob hiding in me and it takes effort not to let it out. It's easy to be snobbish... easier to blurt out thought-less remarks than to keep my mouth shut.

I love my friends the way they are, for who they are... for letting me be who I am, for loving me the way I am. When they let me be silly... and show me their silly side too. (: These kind of friendships take time... time is needed for eperience and with experience, growth. The girls who've been in my life for just about the longest time owuld be al and mayboo I suppose. It's be before primary school (: How about that? More than 10 years... and considering I'm still 17. [even that's going to change soon (:] I have so many amazing friendships I cherish for very different reasons but in the end it's about mutual accpetance and trush and. committment. Then, even if you're 12 and you meet someone in your primary school just two months before leaving it, your friendship'll last to this day and beyond. Trust me. (:

2 comments:

Jack said...

know what you mean.. i guess all of us dont really wanna care about grades or even believe in them, but it's the system that's left us with no choice yeah? at the end of the day, we have to care, whether or not we want to. or die. lol...

harpist said...

hello rachel..(: what about ME! ok, maybe we aren't as close as we should be after 10 years, but still...haha. (: hardly get to see you around though. take care!