Saturday, February 09, 2008

six best words. or, Mr. Hemingway.

There was a challenge I could not resist, and now while I sit here waiting for my parents to get over the final sobby sad scene on the telly [so that we can get out and I can get the day done] I interpose parts A and B of Time today, 9th Febuary 2008, wiggle my bottom in between them and rest said bottom on the computer chair and commence typing. That was a rather strange sentence, for now I feel like I really am typing with Time A on my left, and Time B on my right, like the purple electric jellyfishes from Carwash, jostling and leering at the screen, unable to make out my words (they're only Time!) but determined to make evident their unwillingness to have given up even a bit of their space. Such nonsense from them.



Hemingway Hemingway.. What is it about great writers that drive them to the darkest pursuits? Woolf too. bisexuals, I have learnt. But I suppose bipolar-ers would be a more encompassing term. Who is this Vita/Julian wo-man? Writers. them writers. Victorians, boys in baby dresses and all in side portraits and old-fashioned fashion. Did they write in the dark, one single source of light while the rest of the room was closed up blinds down heart hurt? Or in the afternoon with the wind around door opened trees outside? Did they play itunes? If they did, what did they listen to? How to Save a Life, or, Shut UP and Drive?

If I joined a Bloomsbury would I discourage sexual exclusivity too? Would I be a happy bisexual? How much scope for furrowed brows! I would eat mandarin oranges all year round with subway cookies, and hang a turquoise lantern outside my door as a secret sign. All manner of men and women would visit, some strangers, some lovers. All would be lovers. I would not know them till we speak. But I would bid them in, and ask them if they want... ice cream with meiji's choco babies.
How absurd. Cue in clay white faces with smudged mascara and general abuse of eyeshadow.



Naw, that's too Tim Burton for me, and I don't particularly like him anyway. ahaha. So much for my Bloomsbury.
[As a note, I'd have called it "broomsbuly", as a nod to Singlish. (:]

And so much too, for my six words story. What an utterly nonsensical entry this is.

No comments: