Sunday, February 24, 2008

One day-

these words i dislike, immensely.

because they remind me of failed promises. so that now when I hear them mmm nope this doesn't look very good/one day i'll bring you to this japanese restaurant that has fantastic food, fantastic I smile a bit, because I'd like to be polite, but inevitably in a while my voice snorts out something terse, something along the lines of one day huh, in a manner that is honestly, unfortunately, bitter. I've stopped believing in onedays, so I wish people would consider their words and not shoot these words off like their predecessors did, like they meant to carry it out. I guess the words carry well-meaning, and the speaker thinks it might-perhaps-possibly-probably-might come to pass some time in the (in)finite future, but you know what none of them ever have so. this phrase only serves to recall certain faces and certain times, which isn't the greatest of impressions to make.

But I suppose I ought not to be assuming that my impression of people matters- to them. (That disclaimer aside, I happen to think it does.)


One day.

One day I'll leave this hall, and I will be so glad. The girls on my floor are hard to live with, although I suspect they think it's my fault for wearing eusoff singlets in their hall- although really, I was on my way to the showers after having gone for pickup. I wore the singlet for that purpose, and went directly to the showers after I came back, so it wasn't like I was parading around temasek world with it. Anyhow, their opinion translates into little actions, such as complete unresponsiveness when I walk directly towards them, even as I'm waving. at them. mmm basic courtesy, where art thou. I don't mind very much, because their company I don't care for, but it still is somewhat jarring to be audibly saying hello to a group of girls marching abreast, and having them stare stonily back- where, I don't know. At my eusoff face, maybe, and throwing mental daggers at strategic spots. ohwell.
The guys upstairs are nice, but their lifestyles are the inverted version of mine, in terms of time and other whatnots. And because I'm usually invited to go upstairs about midnight to 'go and have a beer', I decline. Pity, really, because I think I could genuinely make friends with them. Again, ohwell.

Please let me get back to eusoff, and forget this semester with respect to hall life.

.

One more onedays, this one with a maybe.

I wonder how we'll look back at all these years, one day. You see, I'm confident we'll still be such good friends, but it's only what kind of such good friends we are. Tonight, I am a bit sad, because your dad asked and so we talked a bit about it. There's so much that could be scrutinized, dragged out and pounded on endlessly about. And well. we have done said activity before haven't we.
But for tonight, I'm keeping it down to: little humming sessions in the car, laughter over chocolate drinks, crazy bff mothers, whispered snatches of conversation between you and me, and our precious, precious friendship.

1 comment: