Sunday, January 27, 2008

tea and sympathy

GAHHHHHH.
January 25, 2008

draw a line in the sand,
then make a stand.
im not pleased. not at all.
it takes 2 to clap.
and frankly, the hand's bit tired now,
suspended in the air.
youd better be grateful.
and dont you dare play the guilt card anymore.
one time. thats all you get.


____________________________________________

I am grateful.
What exactly did I do, what does it mean by the guilt card.
I'm sorry all I get is one time.

I'm afraid of your temper, learnt to thread jerkily because I've never known which way the shards will fly. Except that this time it seems I've incurred more than just a temper.
And because I don't know when you'll cool down, and I don't want to make things worse than they already are by saying hi too soon, I'll stay away.

It's just. the realisation that's a bit hard to swallow, that comes from this: all we were ever worth for, all these years, it's been traded in for this.
and I've gotten my only time, so I suppose

fare thee well

No comments: