Monday, December 11, 2006

thrashing it out

It's 239 in the morning and I'm sitting here typing why? because I'm not at yf camp. why am I not at yf camp? because it clashes with MEET. what's MEET? something that seems to take away so much time.
Missions Equipping and Exposure Training, I think that's what it means. Basically all of us who got into the program meet once every two saturdays from 2-6 [these are Joint Meetings], and then we meet again in smaller groups every other week, thereabout. [Team Meetings] During the meetings we have things like bible study, lectures on the various aspects of missions, workshops and so on. This december, we have a camp from the 21st-24th, and to prepare for that camp, our team has a retreat from the 13th-15th. Which clashes with yf camp. ta-da. Reason why I can't go for yf camp. okay I wasn't like intensely into it but still. that's besides the point. So I basically train for 9 months, and then spend one month in the mission field. Going to the phillipines.

because of MEET, I've had to give up my long long stay at chiang mai. I can't go for yf camp. I can't go for carolling with yfers Or with my family. This is a bit thick. sigh maybe it's from the 21st-24th so that we'll be more vulnerable then. well yeah it's working.. people are questioning why I don't go for yf any more, why I'm so out of things. people are asking me why I'm not going for this, not going for that, and I'm like, oh it clashes with something. Something. and then I start thinking about how if I hadn't heard of MEET.
yet, the thing is, I couldn't have not signed up. The Great Commission is precisely about missions. If I am serious about obeying His commandment, then shouldn't I prepare myself the best I can? and I have learnt so much, really. and everytime I think about this, there is this very definite knowledge that my life'd be hallow, compared to life without MEET. What would YOU have done huh?

sigh. I'm just missing my friends.

No comments: