Wednesday, November 01, 2006

wols

And is it possible? That suddenly I miss the wols group so much.

I guess all groups form an identity over time... a lump of tea became the umpies, and a random conversation over dinner at glen's place during chinese new year led to the naming of wols... for which reason I cannot for the life of me remember.

Just a photo that's part of the college that now sit as my desktop background hits me. It's one of the many we took at yicong's house.. I think.we went over there because his parents were celebrating their wedding anniversary. Yes, very hneh I know. But we were there anyway.
Remember the pillow fight we had? And how the guys tried to drag sarah and I to the weighting scale? We all fought like crazy... much to the bemusement of gwen who later tragically remarked that she had voluntarily gone to the machine.

A perfectly arched eyebrow.

It's a photo where the girls are sitted on the sofa and the boys are arranged on the floor. Everyone's squashing each other, trying to cover the other's face... and everyone looks so happy. So together.
Where have these days gone?

Sarah's left for leeds, gwen's busy whenever I ask her out and michelle & joyce left a long time ago anyway. sean's got his As; ther rest of the guys still go out regularly i know.
But it isn't the same without all of us.

What happened to the days of yicong & sarah, gwen & glen, cedric & I, and [the occasional] sean & michelle?

hah. A part of me can't believ I'm even talking about our bunch this way. I used to get so snooty whenever we went out.. the guys were so noisy, and their jokes so loud and brash and dumb that we got kicked out of almost everywhere we went to.
But now, looking at that photo, all I remember are our bridge sessions, world cup outings, birthday suprise plannings, that taboo game, and general talking about- what? I don't remember, don't recall. But it sure was fun, that I know.

Will we ever go back? Like I said, it isn't the same without the 6, 7 of us. Teasing and laughing at each other. Hanging out in town.

I don't hang out in town anymore.

Now. As I sit back and think. am I still the same from who I am before nus started? I think I have forgotten myself; done the whole leave-my-Self-thinking-it's-fine-but-she-changes-anyway.
Who am I from the wols day, and who am I now?
I've been opening up so much, so much from what I used to be.
Why didn't I keep it in?
Being friendly and nice is tiring.

But I've done so much, it's impossible to suddenly withdraw.

Even this blog. As hard as I've tried to keep it away from nus, from eusoff, to maintain it as part of my life from Back Then...
` Why do I feel so resigned all of a sudden?
` I need time out.


Just a month or so more... then I'll leave for chiangmai.
` Back Home.
` I can't wait.


I'm sorry if this is an arbupt, inconclusive ending.. I don't know myself. I'd tell you if
I did.

 Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

harpist said...

Wedding anniversary visit? Yes,very hneh.

I can't wait for the holidays too, and i think staying in the halls/residences just makes you feel even more isolated from the outside world and you miss and crave for the moonlit nights of the past even more keenly.

But we have more moonlit nights of memories to create here, even as we hold on tightly to those that have passed. The treasure trove is not yet full.

Glen Goh said...

"All is possible through christ.."You're not alone in thinking of WOLS man!it's been too long since i had fun.Nothing seems to be as fun as those WOLS days.The wormy & rah,cedric & you, gwen & myself along with sean & mich.It's weird now that it's all gone.Maybe sometime in the near future where all our different path bring us, we'll meet once again at a crossroad of our lives and enjoy each other's company once again.For now,i think all we can do is indulge in all the memories we create together with 'US'or'WOLS' in it.