Friday, September 29, 2006

a child's faith

Where do children get their faith from? Why are things so simple for them? I met hanqi and hanrui today in the canteen; they were sitting with hannah [who was relief teaching today and had a free period] and my cup of tea without which I couldn't function. I only relieved their class once or twice; but we chatted like old friends [yes, even if they were just eight.] As recess was ending, hanrui announced that she was going to call me every friday from now on at three thirty.

Where did she get the confidence from? The confidence that I wouldn't say no? How dared she presume on my agreeability? How did she know she would be welcomed? and the faith? From whence came the faith that we'd still be talking every friday at three thirty pm, world without end, forever and ever amen?
did I ever have the same faith?

I am astounded.. and envious. I would like my world to operate the way hers does.

No comments: