Tuesday, February 28, 2006

My [final] weekly report

Yup, you read it right. Today was my last day in Fuchun Primary. A new beginning for me tomorrow in Bt Panjang Govt. High. Bombshell? Maybe. Or not so maybe.

Some of my little girls cried…. I mean. To me, it was affirmation. That in the midst of all my earnest attempts, I must have done something right.
I’ve learnt a lot in the past six weeks. Some of my [wiser] friends said at the beginning that I would love them, and I scoffed. But they were right. I have learnt to love my children. Their problems became my problems, their weaknesses my obsessions. I have also somewhat learnt the language of the child. (:
I’ve learnt humbleness, to be able to let go of my ideals and replace them with more grounded- and firm- theories. I have learnt the fine line between disciplining and punishing, learnt to balance their academic needs with their hunger for attention. Most of all, I’ve learnt to think of them more than I do myself.


I wonder how I’ll use these lessons in bpgh. They seem worlds apart, but if there’s one thing I’ve learnt from this stint is that nothing is impossible. I’m also really afraid I’ll discover that I’ve grown into an Auntie. hahaha.



Oh by the way, results are out tomorrow. The yd girls [youth discipleship class] met up just now in church to pray. I’m really glad that we’ve grown so close over the years; just recently especially. So that now, we choose to spend our time with each other with the Lord. (:
I believe that this is the time for me to put into practice what I profess with my mouth. That I trust God with my life, with Everything… and the As are [or were] part of my life and so yeah. I Will trust Him who is sovereign. I mean, if I can’t trust God, who else do I have left? Nothing.

So tomorrow, will be a test of trust. And God will be with me through it all. I’ll just be focusing on Him. (:

2 comments:

John said...

do i still owe you chocalates?

rpd said...

YES YOU DO