Monday, January 02, 2006

Letter to Home

Hello Home,

How are you? How was the New Year? Did you go to Fang mountain for your barbeque? Talk the night away meaningfully like Robert said you do every last night of the year? Reflect on the year past and all that. Be good children k? I pray for all of you everyday.

I’m pretty good. Really. Went for an outdoor adventure course today; it’s part of my training. I’m going to be a freelance camp trainer! How about that? (: It was really good; I enjoyed myself. You know, I’d actually thought of trashing the whole idea cz I felt that seventy dollars [the training fees] were too steep- I’ve been really broke ever since driving school started… Not working yet you see. shrug. How depressing.
Anyway.

I understand why I couldn’t stay with you now… as in. Why I can’t be there now even though I really want to. I mean. I have no knowledge that would be useful, no skills that would add value to Home. I believe that’s why God has the teaching job for me… Remember how it was supposed to be six months, but suddenly got cut down to three? Well I’m hoping it’s God’s will too that that means I get to see you guys in late may. (:
I’ve decided that every time I feel worried about driving and stuff I’ll motivate myself with thoughts of you. I’ll be able to drive you to school! Wouldn’t that be awesomely fun? yay.

Alright. It was meant to be a short update anyway. Oh. I really did email you you know. But it’s been a few days already and no reply still so- shrug. Guess you’re still busy. It’s alright.
I should go off soon. Final theory classes tomorrow from 0950 to 1500hrs [thereabout. Madness huh?], and I still have my night QT to do. Much to thank God for… For His protection today, for the weather, and for the team itself. We were a good team today. (: I’ve devoted the entire day to driving school tomorrow… I mean. Be a good student right. (:

You be good too. I think God’ll have changed us mightily by the time we see each other again, and may the change be for His glory. God bless.

Love much much much,
Rachel.

P.S This is to mr juciyfruiter who left a comment on my previous post… you really aren’t a spam thing huh? Sorry man. It’s just that I’ve received so many of them. Awesome to know that a park ranger from somewhere else in the world’s reading my blog… racoons and all huh? Love the passion you have for your job. Keep up the good work over there; We’re doing ours too. (:

2 comments:

harpist said...

Hello rach, started school yet? (: how's teaching? tell me all about it ok!

rpd said...

no i haven't! as in, i'm currently working as a freelance camp trainer.. just did my first camp! averaged three hours of sleep a night man-Arrrrrrgh. It was as intense as anything I've ever done. not just physically too man. 40 sec2 kids under my care! man! kk i'll update you.
oh and i'll start working as soon as that teacher gives birth (: