Thursday, January 12, 2006

arrgh

This whole thing is frustrating me.
I start work next monday as a teacher! Mrs [I don't know her surname] has applied for maternity leave starting next monday.. for three months I think. Three months. So when should I end? 16th April methinks. And if I really get to go to chiang mai for a month, I should be leaving on the 14th of May. Or the 21st. This is a rough sketch.

At least I don't have to go back to camp and do the attachment thing. heh heh. So much for being a freelance camp instructor. Engaged for one camp in my entire career. ohwell. At least I got paid for my first camp [instead of tagging under a senior trainer to learn the ropes AND not be paid]. They really needed people then. So under the company thing I still have to do my attachment but with this teaching thing now, I can't. yayy.
Actually. Used to think I could do obs and stuff. Probably could then. I've changed I guess. I want a bathroom and a bed now. I mean. I could do the outdoor adventure camp thing still. Maybe pretty well even. But that's only if I have to.
I wonder what the younger rachel will think of me. hah.

I'm sorry I couldn't live up to your idealisms.

Teaching is needed... to pay for stuff like driving lessons, to go back to chiang mai.
But the opportunity cost is high.
I had booked practical driving lessons on the 23rd... which I can't possibly cancel. It's like 3 lessons in a row... what's $58 times three? A lot right. Urmm. Yeah a lot. Llike $170++. Anyway.
Whoever heard of a relief teacher taking leave? sheesh. I'm so embarrassed.

Teaching also means giving up a tioman trip... which irks most of all. Who wouldn't want to go to the pristine white beaches with brandon, wilfred, serene, terence, wenhao and nicklaus??

sigh. What to do. The money's needed.
okayokay... little grousing over. Now to chin up and be the best teacher I can be. I've bought so many clothes in preparation for this, so it ought to console me a little.
Now I'm just hoping I don't burgle up the job. Let's see. Take out the top earring, make a mental note never to paint the black nail polish- HEY! Do I have to wear makeup??? -theatrical shudder. please no. I'll probably smear lipgloss all over my pretty clothes in my amatuerish attempt to put it on, or worse, swallow it.
Whoever heard of swallowing makeup?

I want to go to tioamannnnn.........

3 comments:

harpist said...

Rach you'll ENJOY teaching, trust me you will. It's lovely to be on the other side of the education system, all my friends who are relief teaching say the same thing.

And NO, who ever said you needed makeup? Haha, well, just pray that you wouldn't be mistaken as a chinese relief teacher, someone thought i was that, i could have died on the spot.

And tioman is always there, opportunities not always there, so seize them while you can and make the best out of it. Esp if you want to consider teaching in the long term, and even if you don't, i think it'll be a wonderful experience.

tianggggg- said...

erica is just super funny. i love her comments. hahaha. =p and rachel, hey! i can't go for the tioman trip too! i've driving, coaching, tutoring and er... parents. but we can go together next time, yes?? we make it a date?? =p

rpd said...

yes!

okay we make it a date. must go tioman. when??

erica yr teaching young adults! i'll be teaching old babies!!!