Friday, September 16, 2005

'tisn't often that I rant.. but here I go.

I thought studying meant that you get a fair chance at doing well. Guess it doesn't work that way. Stayed back every day after mid years were over.. you'd think that I'd improve.
Guess it doesn't work that way.

I know every student has felt this before. This disappointment, this inner struggle as you wage war with the demons of self-pity and mockery. well. Most of us anyway. Unless yr a smart freak that sails through the system. It hurts, for your infomation.

Teach me how to exorcise. I will perform the rituals, the ceremonies of purging and of forgetting.

Math especially. From a relatively respectable C to the ultimate F. It seems intent on mucking around in the gloomy depths.. grinning heinously at me. It delights in looking at the hurt in my eyes.



I can't let this get to me. I won't.
I'll compete against this disparragement will for will, battle for battle.
I'll fight. I'll show you that I'm stronger.
I'll win.

5 comments:

col said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
col said...

sorry had a typo. anws was saying tts the spirit dear gurl! dont give up ya. we're stronger than the dumb system. haha.. plus we have God! nothing is impossible for Him (:

"let us throw off everyth tt hinders and the sin tt so easily entangles, n let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author n perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set b4 him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God." Heb 12:1-2

tianggggg- said...

hey! just a few verses for encouragement for you too. =) stay strong! persevere on! and God will reward you. =)

"I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."-jer 29:11
the Lord will grant you abundant prosperity. the Lord will open the Heavens, the storehouse of His bounty, to send rain on your land in season and to bless all the work of your hands.-deu 28:11-12
God who supplies seed to the sower and bread for food will also supply and increase your store of seed and will enlarge the harvest of your righteousness.-2 cor 9:10
whatever the righteous desire will be granted-pro 10:24

don't ever give up hope! go rachel! God bless.

rpd said...

oh man. with stong friends who support me and who remind me of God's grace... -sniff. (:

Love you guys.

harpist said...

hi rachel, haven't seen you in ages, but guess what we have conquered the stupid prelims, ignoring the grades to come (or have come) and i'm very very sure you'll do well eventually.

love you! (:

"Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; Be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed, for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest" Jos 1:9