Sunday, August 14, 2005

Comissioning Ball 2005

Yup... some of you know that I attended com.ball 2005. so here are the photos! (:


Oh. Before that. I just want to share what left the greatest impact on me during the ball.

It was halfway during dinner.. when the MC announced that it was time for games. So he got 4 guys up on stage and told them they were to pretend this was NDP 2005, and they were the parade commanders [haha]. We [the rest of us] were supposed to be the choir. Which meant that after each guy shouted the command, we'd have to sing a national song. Any song.

mmm. The first guy stepped up and prepared to give the command.

The Grand Ballroom in the Hyatt fell silent.
Then, he commanded us.-
and the silence shattered with the singing of 70 Men.

Each time it happened, each of the four times.. I was deeply impressed. I realised that these men, although only 20, were Officers. Every man in that ballroom was responsible for the lives of 30.

When they sang "xiang xin wo, ba xing jia po" [trust in me, singapore], I suddenly did. I knew that I would- and I will- put my lives in the hands of these men.

Go, Singapore (:

No comments: