Thursday, November 11, 2004

Boring hols? Oh no, not at all.

The thing I don't really like about titles is when I can't think of any. haha

Anyway, I cycled 28km yesterday! haha not bad right? I'm pretty impressed too. grin.
It's one of those things I've always wanted to do. But the road to Bishan has like flyovers and expressways so I never knew how. So yah, was thinking about it again while on the way to play ultimate [which I played badly btw-bumnmer] when I suddenly remembered that yicong's house is inbtween newton and novena square and novena square is down the road frm macritchie which leads to bishan! haha.

So yup, cycled from bt timah to newton to novena to macritichie to ang mo kio. whee!

Had to meet ren at ang mo kio at one. So I slathered on sunblock, and carried the bike down the stairs...
And nearly killed myself on the first turn. haha. The bike has no bell! Just a mirror which I didn't use until the journey's end. silly billy. So I nearly crashed into this guy.
The only time I cycled down a road was a couple of years ago with these two guys who were experienced. This time, it was a solo ride and I made a stupid mistake right at the beginning. =Pp You know how you're supposed to cycle with the traffic? Well, I cycled against it. bah. Only realised after mayplewoods. So I had to wheel it... with my spoilt flappy sandals [I knew I shouldn't have played ultimate in the carpark that night] to the next traffic light which was like, a kilometre or two away. Bt timah has too many overhead bridges and not enough traffic lights. At sixth avenue, I crossed the road and prepared to cycle when. guess what. It started to rain.

So much for my sunblock.
Ohwell by the time it ended I was so late ren said to come at two plus. So I took my time.. and got scolded by this grumpy uncle for blocking the passageway. haha. And there was this guy who told me the bicycle was too big for me. I guess he's right. Like, I couldn't even grasp the handles with my thumb... just four fingers touching it was just about all I could do. grin.

Overall, the ride was a great experience though maybe, it was extreme. Even if it did include buses that spurted exhaust in my face. =Pp I'm soooo tired! And I have to go to the gym tomorrow with the girls. Madness.

Think I'll go try my uncle's curry now. Aunty brought it over. Then I'll go dress up for a depavali lunch, and a wedding dinner. Who says the hols are boring?

2 comments:

Jack said...

ahh... and to think i was so proud that i swam 12laps in the pool!!!!

Glen Goh said...

cool!!haha!!but i'm proud i walked about 55km in a day!!hehee...orienteering compettition rules man!!hehehe